Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Going Down South

Let's go to the south, they said, it will be fun, they said. I can't say that my trip to Tennessee isn't "fun", but it would have been much more enjoyable if I wasn't suffering from a cold the whole time...

How do you catch a cold in the summer... I think just the change of environment can make one's immune system go weak. but I digress. 



The scenery was beautiful and a huge change from NYC. I found myself in awe from cows, and hay stacks. Those actually exist! Just like in those pictures! 

We went cave exploring and mountain climbing, saw water falls and rode on cable cars... The whole experience made me feel so small.. Everything around me was larger than life. 



































The favorite place we visited was Rock City. It was like walking through a magical maze, through the forest, with something new and exciting along the way.. complete with a shaky bridge. 




The amount of rocks were amazing. The whole time I was on the bus, which was about 1/2 the time, I wondered at how large the sky felt, how close to the clouds we are, and how foggy everything was in the morning. 








No comments:

Post a Comment